Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Plunderbund

Prepared Remarks for Bob Mecklenborg's Visit to Shitsville, OH

(English Version)

When I was a child growing up in Ohio my dad had a good paying job at the mill.
He worked hard and he was paid a fair wage for that labor.

When I was child, Ohio was a much different place.

Back then, there were enough jobs for every man willing to work.

Things are different now. But I don't need to tell you that.

Your town of West Shitsville, OH has the highest unemployment rate in the state and the third highest in the country.

Again- I don't need to tell YOU that. You have to live through this every day.

But I didn't come here to bore you with numbers and facts. And I didn't come here to remind you about your problems.

So why did I come here, you ask?

I came here to give you this message:

It's not your fault.

You didn't make the good jobs go away. You didn't do anything wrong.

You did everything you were told. Worked hard. Got your GED. Got married. Had kids. Took out a loan for a new trailer.

You did everything you were told and you were promised the American Dream.

But how many of you here today feel like you are living the American Dream?

How many of you here today feel like the American Dream has been stolen from you?

Amen.
And I'm here today to tell you: it's not your fault.

The American Dream was TAKEN from you - and it was taken by people who aren't even Americans!

It was taken, my friends, by Illegal Immigrants!

My friends, I came here to South Shitsville, Ohio to tell you that you are not alone and you are not forgotten.

Your struggle is my struggle. And as your representative I will do everything in my power to stop illegal immigrants from taking away your jobs.

I will do everything in my power to keep America the English-speaking, Christian country our fathers founded.

I will do everything in my power to give you back the American Dream that you were promised and so rightly deserve.

It's your dream, my friends. The AMERICAN dream. And together we can take it back!


Original post is here.

No comments: